Trade Mission South America
January 23 - February 3
Colombia has shed its reputation as a dangerous country. After years of conflict, the country now enjoys political stability and economic regeneration, the drug cartels have been eradicated and tourism is rapidly expanding. However, it remains one of the most unspoilt Latin American countries and is rather like South America in miniature with a fascinating mix of Andean cities, the Amazon basin, rain forests, colonial towns, stately haciendas and beautiful beaches. In addition to its dramatic scenery, Colombia enjoys the greatest variety of flora and fauna, some of the most atmospheric towns in the world, and the happiest and friendliest people in Latin America.
An English speaking guide from Colombia’s pre-eminent travel and tour company will accompany us throughout. Accommodation is in centrally located 4-star hotels highly recommended by native Colombians, and all travel, together with two internal flights, is included. We start our tour in Bogota, which is Colombia’s high-altitude capital and where we spend 3 nights. We then fly to Medellin, nicknamed “the city of eternal spring” for its temperate climate, for 2/3 days. From there we fly to Cartagena, where our 4-star hotel is beside the beach. We return from Cartagena to London after 5 days there but people can choose to stay longer if they so wish.
Our visit will enable you to learn more about the country and region, enjoy its culture and explore potential business opportunities. It will enable you also to escape the English winter for a couple of weeks in the sun.
This trip will cost £1790 per person in double or twin room, supplement an additional £440 for a single room.
- International flights from London to Bogota and from Cartagena to London
- One-way internal flight from Bogota to Medellin
- One way internal flight from Medellin to Cartagena
- Travel by private coach while in Colombia, including airport transfers
- Services of English speaking guides throughout
- 11 nights stay with breakfast in 4-star city centre hotels in Bogota & Medellin and by beach in Cartagena
- Five lunches in high quality restaurants
- All entrance fees throughout the visit and all local taxes
- All business briefings, business to business meetings & business appointments
- Prices are based on flights currently available. Flight prices rise so early booking is essential. For internal arrangements in Colombia we are charged by our agency in dollars. If the currency exchange rate moves up or down, this will obviously affect the final price. We will check and confirm to you any such changes before making your booking.
- Recognising that travelling and sightseeing can be tiring, we have tried to keep a good bit of time free for relaxation, shopping or, of course, business meetings.
- Moreover, members of the group are at liberty individually to extend their stay for a few days by the Caribbean beach in Cartagena
- Until we actually place bookings, the actual dates of travel remain slightly flexible and are subject to people’s other commitments
- The Chamber takes no responsibility for insurance. This is something you should arrange yourself.
To see our itinerary, click here.
To book, or if you have any questions, please contact Gerry MacDonagh at 07958 58447 or at the email below.