- This event has passed.
Trade Mission South America
January 23 - February 3
Colombia has shed its reputation as a dangerous country. After years of conflict, the country now enjoys political stability and economic regeneration, the drug cartels have been eradicated and tourism is rapidly expanding. However, it remains one of the most unspoilt Latin American countries and is rather like South America in miniature with a fascinating mix of Andean cities, the Amazon basin, rain forests, colonial towns, stately haciendas, and beautiful beaches. In addition to its dramatic scenery, Colombia enjoys the greatest variety of flora and fauna, some of the most atmospheric towns in the world, and the happiest and friendliest people in Latin America.
Twenty LSCC members came on this Trade Visit. English speaking guides from Aviatur, one of Colombia’s pre-eminent travel and tour companies accompanied us throughout. The accommodation was in centrally located 4-star hotels highly recommended by native Colombians, and all travel, together with two internal flights, was included. We started our tour in Bogota, which is Colombia’s high-altitude capital and where we spent 3 nights. We then flew to Medellin, nicknamed “the city of eternal spring” for its temperate climate, for 2/3 days. From there we flew to Cartagena, where our 4-star hotel was beside the beach.
We returned from Cartagena to London after 5 days there. Although most members of the group flew to Colombia from London, in keeping with our international membership, we were also joined by members flying from Jamaica, Spain, and the USA. Our visit enabled everyone to learn more about the country and region, enjoy its culture and explore potential business opportunities. It enabled them also to escape the English winter for a couple of weeks in the sun.
This trip cost £1790 per person in double or twin room, supplement an additional £440 for a single room.
- International flights from London to Bogota and from Cartagena to London
- One-way internal flight from Bogota to Medellin
- One way internal flight from Medellin to Cartagena
- Travel by private coach while in Colombia, including airport transfers
- Services of English speaking guides throughout
- 11 nights stay with breakfast in 4-star city centre hotels in Bogota & Medellin and by the beach in Cartagena
- Five lunches in high-quality restaurants
- All entrance fees throughout the visit and all local taxes
- All business briefings, business to business meetings & business appointment
To see our itinerary, click here.