Regular Locally-Based Activities
We aim to host an organisation where our members can share knowledge and business experiences and exchange ideas with each other in a business and social environment.
The Business Club
The Business Club happens monthly in the evening – from 6:00 pm. The meeting starts with presentations given by our guest speakers followed by light refreshments where you can mingle and get to know other attendees.
We are working together with expert organisations to deliver interactive workshops and presentations that will provide practical advice and add value to the knowledge/skills you already have on a variety of business topics.
These events are small and are held locally once every two months. We select from top quality restaurants and hotels owned by members in our catchment area. The number of attendees is limited at these meetings.
Our breakfast meetings run from 8:30am to 9:30am. They are held in company premises and are strictly focused on particular topics. Breakfast is served, a talk is given and there is an opportunity to ask questions and discuss issues of particular concern.
Trade Missions & Trade Visits
We organise trade missions to countries around the world that give an insight into the potential commercial opportunities of trading abroad which our members always find hugely informative and great fun.
- The visits normally last 3 to 4 days except in the case of long distance trips such as China and Brazil.
- They usually depart from London on a Tuesday or Wednesday and return the following Saturday or Sunday.
- Participants receive a briefing at the British Embassy/consulate in the city visited.
- A reception is organised at the local chamber of commerce offices in the city. This reception is normally attended by local businesses interested in meeting our members.
- We arrange one-to-one business appointments with complementary businesses.
- Accommodation is normally arranged in 4 and 5 star hotels centrally situated.
- Accommodation is normally on a room with breakfast basis. Other meals are arranged individually or with members’ clients.
Our Overseas Trips
The introductions we make
The commercial sections of foreign embassies in London.
The commercial sections of British Embassies and consulates in the countries visited.
Chambers of Commerce and other trade organisations in the countries visited.
For members who already export and or import goods and services, our aim is to introduce them to new markets.
For members not trading abroad, our aim is to help them explore their business potential by introducing them to complementary businesses in the country being visited and to consular officials in that country.