- This event has passed.
BUSINESS WEBINAR – Disability Awareness
June 2 at 4:00 pm - June 16 at 5:00 pm
Be approachable and professional when dealing with disabled clients
As a business you might well already be providing or able to provide goods and services to this market. However, there exists a fear factor and there are many pre-conceptions associated with disability which act as a barrier.
This virtual training is designed to help break down and remove the fear factor and the pre-conceptions and teach simple techniques that will help to remove unnecessary obstacles in communication.
The seminar will be led by Jennie Williams the CEO of Enhance the UK. Enhance The UK are a charity run by disabled people, challenging perceptions and providing fun and educational disability awareness training.
Do you need to:
- Meet the legal requirements of disability discrimination legislation such as the Equality Act (2010)
- Ensure that staff have the confidence and the know how to appropriately communicate with and best support disabled people?
- Plan inclusive and accessible events
- Ensure that your business environment, policies, and procedures are accessible
- Check that your internal and external communication is reflective of best practice accessibility guidelines, tone and terminology
- Become disability confident
- Increase revenue
- Increase staff retention and disability disclosure
- Embed inclusion into the ethos of your organisation
Dates: 2nd, 9th & 16th June 2021, 4.00pm to 5.00pm
LSCC Virtual Meetings Powered by Zoom
TO BOOK CONTACT GERRY:
email@example.com OR TEL: 07958 584479
You will then receive a confirmation email with links to join the meetings
THERE IS NO CHARGE FOR THESE EVENTS
For maximum benefit you should attend all three events but let me know if one or two of the dates are inconvenient
There was no charge for these Disability related events, which were sponsored by the National Lottery Community Fund