Dear Members and Colleagues
I hope you are keeping well and managing to cope as best as possible in the current situation. Given the advice from the government, we have postponed all networking events until further notice, when we are all informed that things are improving.
However, let’s all try and stay in touch and do please feel free to let me know if there is anything we or other members can do to help out with.
Tel: 07958 584479
Many LSCC members have offered up advice along with their own services as an aid during this time, we’ll be updating this page with info as it comes:
- Guy Bridger of Taxfile suggests looking at the following site:
- Debra Wilson of Anthony Gold suggests looking at the documents below:
Andrew Charnock of HR Dept suggests www.hrdept.co.uk/coronavirus. He is also happy to speak to members regarding advice on employment-related issues in the current situation and can be contacted on 0845 8630663 or firstname.lastname@example.org He has also sent a PowerPoint detailing the job retention scheme which can be downloaded by clicking here.
- Simone Bowman of Bow Law Chambers is offering 15-minute legal advice sessions over Zoom/Skype on anything relating to:
- Immediate drafting of Wills, Powers of Attorney (In Welfare and Finance/Property, which means granting a loved one the power to deal with their affairs in the event that they cannot)
- Probate advice and administration of Estates for anyone who has unfortunately passed away
- Reviewing their Employment Contracts, Risk Policies
- Consideration of Redundancies and the legal framework they should follow
- Advice on temporary laying off staff
- Professional Ethics and Compliance with Home Working and drafting disclaimers and data protection of Client data if appropriate
- Cosimo Fenocchi of Mbare points out that his restaurant in Clapham is currently closed but members can purchase vouchers for when it reopens on the following site:
- Radiana Vlahova of Staybridge Suites tells us: Staybridge Suites Vauxhall is remaining OPEN. We are here to support key workers and we are taking every possible measure to ensure the safety of our team and guests while cooperating closely with UK Government requirements. We have reduced many of our services to comply with social distancing rules – this is for both YOUR safety and for the safety of our EMPLOYEES. We are following rigorous cleaning routines providing calm, positive, and well stock sanctuary for our guests. Sanitizing wipes and handwashing facilities are available throughout the property. With effect from Monday 23rd of March to avoid gatherings, the Social Evening events are canceled until further notice and breakfast are offered on a ‘grab and go’ basis for guests to enjoy in their suites. Drop me a message for any questions: email@example.com #weareinthistogether #staybridgevauxhal
Maria Lacatus of Morley College points out that, when it becomes possible, the College will be running some courses that could be of interest to other members or their employees. They lead to professional qualifications such as ATT Diploma or Certificate in Accounting and Payroll Level 1 and 2.
Level 1 Award in Payroll for Business – acc Bridge Rd – Learners will gain knowledge and skills to process the payroll under edited course – Start date: 15 September 2020 – End date: 24 November 2020 – Tuesday – 18:00-21: 00- At Morley College – Westminster Bridge Rd. – This course Introduces payroll record keeping and processing Level 2 Award in Payroll for Business – accredited course – Start date: 19 January 2021 – End date: 27 April 2021 – Tuesday – 18:00-21:00 – At Morley College – Westminster Real Time Information (RTI) regulations and keep accurate payroll records –Full fee £545- 20% discount per student enrolled sing using commercially available computerized software –Full fee £500- 20% discount per student enrolled
AAT Level 2 Foundation Certificate in Bookkeeping – accredited course – Start date: 19 September 2020 – End date: 16 January 2021 – Saturday – 09:30-17:00 – – At Morley College – Westminster Bridge Rd – This AAT Access Award in Bookkeeping qualification will develop your understanding of the role of the bookkeeper. This qualification is suitable for students with no previous accounting experience but who wish to develop basic bookkeeping skills to improve their employability or to progress in their current occupation – Full fee £691 – 20% discount per student enrolled
- Stephen Ventham of Ventham Consulting has expressed concerns of fraudsters capitalizing on the outbreak and you can find more detailed advice he has provided on the matter here.
- The Government recently announced advice and plans for the future, these can be found here.
- Guy bridger of tax file is aiding chamber members and the public in claiming all they can from the government aid schemes, to find out more click here.
- Phillip Henwood of 4 Eyes Ltd talks about the surge in alcohol prices caused by the pandemic, how the EU distance selling regime is fueling this, and the implications this has for distributors and online sellers alike. If you’d like to read this in full click here.
Note: The last day to submit a new member of staff to the furlough program was Wednesday 10th June. This was because the furlough scheme is being closed for new entrants from June 30th, after that employers will only be able to furlough employees that they have furloughed for a full three-week period prior to 30 June.